Zanzibar is one of the most accessible places to experience in Africa, from the welcoming people and colorful cultures, Zanzibar is a great destination if you want something very different for your holiday.
It is famous for its spices, the islands are sometimes referred to as the Spice Islands, due to the cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and black pepper that are grown there.
What makes Zanzibar unique is their strong Swahili influences, their cuisine, fruit and spices, furniture styles, the fabrics, the gorgeous handcrafted artifacts and jewelry you find in their small stores. Zanzibar has beautiful beaches, choose between the Northwest coast Nungwi Beach, one of the island’s most beautiful and popular beaches, or the south coast Kizimkazi beach where you’re guaranteed to see beautiful bottlenose dolphins in the ocean. At Kizimkazi you can also snorkel, dive or swim with the amazing creatures and other marine. This tour is private and quite flexible depending with your holiday plan. It comes with different options of accommodation which depends on your budget and choice of hotel. Children of all ages are accepted.
Day 1: Arrival Day
- Welcome to Zanzibar. Upon arrival at Zanzibar Airport you will meet Sirori Tours representative who will take you to your hotel for overnight stay.
Day 2: Stone Town
- After breakfast you will take city tour and explore stone town and discover the historical town of Zanzibar this will take 3 hours.
- Our guide will take you to the museum where you will learn about the slave trade, see the House of Wonders, the People’s Palace, Freddie Mercury house, the Arab Fort and the site of the old slave market
- You will also visit Darajani Market the colorful market that is alive with the buzz of local people who are bartering for spices, fresh vegetables, tropical fruits, fresh fish and meat before returning to your hotel in time for lunch.
- After Lunch when the sunsets you can go for a sunset boat cruise. This trip starts 2 hours before the sunsets from stone town. It gives you a view of the golden sun setting beyond the horizon.
- You can enjoy a glass of chilled wine, cocktail, chilled beer or juice at an extra cost as you enjoy the sunset.
- Overnight – back to your hotel for overnight stay
Day 3: Jozani Forest and Spice tour
- After breakfast our guide will take you to Jozani forest and learn about the Red Colobus monkey the rare endangered species, which is only found at Jozani forest, other interesting things include the coastal evergreen bush land, mangrove forest, saline grassland and ground water forest.
- While driving back we will pass by spice farms for Spice Tour.
- In this tour you will see, smell and taste a variety of spices and tropical season fruits like jack fruit, pineapple, banana, green coconut juice etc, spices like cardamon, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, breadfruit, vanilla, and lemongrass, and learn about their various uses.
- This will be a long day tour you must be exhausted so you will go back to the hotel for overnight stay .
Day 4: Prison Island
- After breakfast you will be guided to Prison Island where you will see old tortoise which are the main attraction of the Island, the tortoises were brought to the island from Seychelles by Sultan said Majid in the 1820s, on this island you can swim, sunbathe or just chill and enjoy the beach.
- In the evening you will go to stone town at forodhani park and find varieties of Swahili dishes of your choice then back to hotel for over night stay .
Day 5: Day at leisure.
- Depends with what you would prefer to do, this day is at your own choice to enjoy Zanzibar as you’re heading to the end of your tour.
- Escape from town to private paradise Nungwi or Pingwe beach, move around and do some shopping from Swahili art crafts shops etc.
Day 6: Departure Day
- You will be transferred to Zanzibar Airport for your onward flight.
YOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Arrival transfer from Zanzibar Airport to your hotel
- 5 Nights’ accommodation
- Guided 3-hour Stone Town walking tour
- Guided tour to Jozani Forest
- Spice Farm Tour with Lunch
- Departure transfer from your hotel to Zanzibar Airport
- All current Government fees and taxes
YOUR PACKAGE EXCLUDES:
- Flights to and from Zanzibar and Visa
- Meals unless stated above