A family tour in Tanzania can give you amazing feeling like never before. Your kids have met these iconic animals on Television channels like National geographic, animal planet, or textbooks. Now take the chance of introducing them with the wilderness and nature face to face. Enjoy every moment and see how excited they get as they witness these animals in their natural habitat playing daily life roles. The chase of predators and prey can be stunning and truly surprising for them besides the grazing herds of giraffes, zebras, and other herbivores. Make your Tanzania Family Holiday more effective with us as we will provide you with all the tips to know before your departure to Tanzania and create your perfect family tour.
Duration: 12 Days
Destinations: Manyara, Ngorongoro,Serengeti and Zanzibar
- Big five in Ngorongoro Crater
- Be able to see huge group of flamingoes in Manyara and Ngorongoro
- Spots of Wildebeest Migration in Serengeti
- Ngorongoro crater
- Learn Maasai culture
- Enjoy Zanzibar beaches
Tour Guides Language:
- English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- For other languages please send a special request prior to your safari -additional fee may apply.
Start in: Moshi
End in: Zanzibar
Recommended Packing list: Camera with enough zoom and memory space and extra batteries, binoculars, light clothes, safari boot, mosquito repellents, sunhat, sunglasses with UV radiation filtering etc.
Day 1: Arrival
- Our representative will receive you at the International Airport of Kilimanjaro.
- From there you will head to a hotel for overnight stay
- Our tour manager will meet to brief you on the safari itinerary ahead.
Day 2: Lake Manyara
- You tour kicks off with a drive to the picturesque Lake Manyara, nestled at the foot of the Great Rift Valley escarpment.
- Though small in size, the park is host to a bewildering array of wildlife buffalo, elephant, giraffe, impala, hippos and others and nearly 400 species of birds.
- Head to a hotel for overnight stay
Day 3: Lake Manyara and its surroundings – 2 Stops
1. Lake Manyara National Park
- The park has a lot to offer to the adventure-oriented and after days spent crammed in the vehicles
- This is the ideal opportunity to get out and stretch your limbs to explore the area at the Rift Valley Escarpment.
2. Mto wa Mbu
- You will be accompanied by well-trained local guides as you take guided walks to the multicultural village of Mto Wa Mbu to learn about their traditional life, social structures, and economic activities among other things.
- You can also opt for a trip to the banana plantations and learn about the thirty different types of bananas that are cultivated here and their techniques of agriculture.
- On the way leading to Miwaleni River is a small lush forest, which is the playground of blue monkeys and home to an impressive number of olive baboons.
- A little effort may help you capture the sky dik-dik on the slopes of the escarpments.
- A small hike later you will finally reach Miwaleni Waterfall hidden in the Rift Valley Escarpment.
- After lunch at your lodge or in the village and some rest, the kids can go for a bicycle ride in the plains towards Lake Manyara while one of the friendly staff members will happily accompany them.
Day 4: Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- After a leisurely breakfast, you will head towards Ngorongoro with a brief stopover at the lively market of Karatu.
- Around noon you will reach the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, home to the focal point of tourists-the entire Ngorongoro crater.
- As the world’s largest unbroken caldera the crater offers fascinating vistas in the diversity of habitat and inhabitants and is renowned for huge concentrations of wildlife.
- It is the sanctuary of over 120 species of mammal including the fabled Big Five. It is also the place for viewing the endangered black rhinoceros in its natural habitat.
- There are various options to spend the remainder of the day (at additional cost
- A Game drive at the Ngorongoro Crater Floor
- Ranger-guided Nature Walk along the Crater Rim
Day 5: Ngorongoro – Serengeti – 2 Stops
1. Serengeti National Park
- After finishing your breakfast, you will board on a drive to the Serengeti National Park (driving time some 4 hours).
- As you drive along you will see glimpses of grazing zebras, antelopes and giraffes.
- Your first stop will be the Masai Boma (traditional village), home of the scarlet Shukla clad Maasai warrior pastoralists.
- You will learn about their traditional life, beliefs, rituals, and culture of the patriarchal Masai tribe who have hung on to their traditional ways for ages.
- You can join them in their jumping form of dance, known as “adumu or aigus” in Masai language and check out the interiors of their homes, mingle with their children and even take photographs of course with permission.
2. Grumeti River
- After a picnic lunch on the stunning kopjes, you will head to the park for your afternoon game drives.
- If you are visiting in the dry season of July-October, you can catch hordes of wildebeest trying to make their way through the Mara and Grumeti River in northern Serengeti.
- If you are visiting in Jan-February, you can catch the wildebeest calving season in southern Serengeti.
- It confounds visitors in natural wonders and abundant wildlife, ranging from million wildebeest, zebras, big 5, huge populations of mammals and over 500 species of birds.
- You will have two consecutive nights in the comfortable tented camp on the fringes of Serengeti with views of vast expanses of the savannahs and some random animals besides the acacia trees.
- Meet and chat with fellow tourists and enjoy the warm hospitality of the hosts under the night sky sitting around the campfire.
Day 6: Serengeti National Park – 1 Stop
- We start with an early morning game drive to catch the predators returning from their night hunt.
- This is also the best time to watch wildlife, as animals are most active at dawn before the sun starts to bear down.
- You can carry your breakfast and enjoy a taste of authentic bush breakfast before heading to the documentation center about Serengeti at Seronera.
- You will have your lunch after returning to your lodge before heading out for another game drive.
- If you want a more natural experience of the surroundings, take a nature walk accompanied by local tribesmen and pick their brains on the resident flora and fauna and learn about their hunting techniques using the humble bow and arrow.
Day 7: Serengeti – Zanzibar
- After a superb breakfast, we head to the nearest airstrip in Serengeti for a flight to Zanzibar.
- Here you will be put up in a beach hotel of your choice.
Day 8: Beach extension
- Relax and enjoy Zanzibar beaches
Day 9: Beach extension
- Relax and enjoy the beaches of Zanzibar
Day 10: Jozani Forest and Spice Tour
- After breakfast our guide will take you to Jozani forest and learn about the Red Colobus monkey the rare endangered species, which are only found at Jozani forest.
- Other interesting things include the coastal evergreen bush land, mangrove forest, saline grassland and ground water forest.
- While driving back we will pass by spice farms for Spice Tour in this tour you will see, smell and taste a variety of spices and tropical season fruits like jack fruit, pineapple, banana, green coconut juice etc., spices cardamon, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, breadfruit, vanilla, and lemongrass, and learn about their various uses.
- This will be a long day tour you must be exhausted so you will go back to the hotel for overnight stay
Day 11: Stone Town
- After breakfast you will take a city tour and explore stone town and discover the historical town of Zanzibar this will take 3 hours.
- Our guide will take you to the museum and you will learn about the slave trade, see the House of Wonders, the People’s Palace, Freddie Mercury house, the Arab Fort and the site of the old slave market.
- You will also visit Darajani Market the colorful market which is alive with the buzz of local people who are bartering for spices, fresh vegetables, tropical fruits, fresh fish and meat before returning to your hotel in time for lunch.
- After Lunch when the sunsets you can go for a sunset boat cruise.
- This trip start 2 hours before the sunsets from stone town.it gives you a view of the golden sun setting beyond the horizon.
- You can enjoy a glass of chilled wine, cocktail, chilled beer or juice at an extra cost as you enjoy the sunset.
- Overnight – back to your hotel for overnight stay
Day 12: Departure – Abeid Amani Karume International Airport
- Transfer to Zanzibar Airport for your departure.
- All airport transfers in private car
- Transport and wildlife drives in modified 4WD Land Cruiser
- All wildlife reserve entry fees (24 hours at Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
- Visit of a Masai Village
- 3 Liter mineral water per person per safari day
- Domestic flight Serengeti-Zanzibar
- 05 x FB at kids and family friendly safari lodges / tented camps as per itinerary
- 01 x BB hotel in Stonetown
- Flying doctor insurance (first aid on the spot and rescue flights)
- Wildlife Management Area Fees
- 06 days private safari
- Services of a professional English speaking safari guide
- Game drives Lake Manyara and Serengeti
- Guided village and nature tour at Lake Manyara
- Coffee/Tea with picnic lunches
- 01 x BB at Lodge B&B Arusha
- 04 x BB at the beach resort in Zanzibar
- Private tours on Zanzibar as per itinerary
- Tourist Development Levy 18 % VAT
- Lunch (7) Breakfast (11) Dinner (7)
- International Flights
- Gratuities for safari guide
- Visa fee (for American & Irish Passport Holders- to be paid upon arrival)
- Ranger guided Nature Walk along the Crater Rim
- Hot Air Balloon Safari at Serengeti
- All items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Game drive at the Ngorongoro Crater Floor
- Drinks and beverages in lodges